10 May 2011

Picture book vs purse

I remember having a group discussion about the price of my picture book and other books by the same publisher which are at RM33.90 with somebody who has a significant role in the book industry. He seemed to raise his eyebrows and rolled his eyes upon hearing about the price. He seemed very very surprised. It was written all over his face. This was noticed not only by me but few other friends who were there. He finally said, "Oh, RM33.90? Cannot go lower?"


But the next day, I got to know that he bought a leather purse for a female friend for the price of RM390.A little more than 10x worth from any one of the publisher's book.

I guess picture books are not worth buying to some.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2006-2011 the other side of emila. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan